[U-Boot] Unable to saveenv to MMC
Robin Polak
2018-12-06 18:12:11 UTC
Hello.

I'm having trouble persisting my environment variables to the SD Card
onto which I have FAT formatted and then written U-Boot to using the
following command:

sudo dd if=u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=/dev/disk2 bs=1024 seek=8

I get the following error when booting a Linksprite_pcDuino3_Nano with the
SD Card I've built:

U-Boot SPL 2018.11 (Dec 06 2018 - 17:57:48 +0000)
DRAM: 1024 MiB
CPU: 912000000Hz, AXI/AHB/APB: 3/2/2
Trying to boot from MMC1

U-Boot 2018.11 (Dec 06 2018 - 17:57:48 +0000) Allwinner Technology

CPU: Allwinner A20 (SUN7I)
Model: LinkSprite pcDuino3 Nano
I2C: ready
DRAM: 1 GiB
MMC: SUNXI SD/MMC: 0
Out: serial
Err: serial
SCSI: SATA link 0 timeout.
AHCI 0001.0100 32 slots 1 ports 3 Gbps 0x1 impl SATA mode
flags: ncq stag pm led clo only pmp pio slum part ccc apst

Net: eth0: ***@1c50000
starting USB...
USB0: USB EHCI 1.00
USB1: USB OHCI 1.0
USB2: USB EHCI 1.00
USB3: USB OHCI 1.0
scanning bus 0 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning bus 2 for devices... 1 USB Device(s) found
scanning usb for storage devices... 0 Storage Device(s) found
Hit any key to stop autoboot: 0
=> saveenv
Saving Environment to FAT... Unable to use mmc 0:0... Failed (1)

Thank you for any light that may be shed upon this error.
Robin Polak
***@robinpolak.com
917-494-2080
Frank Wunderlich
2018-12-07 09:47:08 UTC
can you try to access the partiton from uboot?

ls mmc 0:0

regards Frank
Robin Polak
917-494-2080
f***@public-files.de
2018-12-09 09:43:24 UTC
just try the ls-command i wrote in uboot-console ;)

Gesendet: Sonntag, 09. Dezember 2018 um 04:20 Uhr
Von: "Robin Polak" <***@robinpolak.com>
An: frank-***@public-files.de
Cc: u-***@lists.denx.de
Betreff: Re: [U-Boot] Unable to saveenv to MMC

How would I go about validating whether I can access the partition from u-boot?

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 1:47 AM Frank Wunderlich <frank-***@public-files.de[mailto:frank-***@public-files.de]> wrote:can you try to access the partiton from uboot?

ls mmc 0:0

regards Frank
--